Incredible special - Classics of Turkey Tour 11 days /10 Nights - From R 15 208 pp sharing including flights
- FLY-IN PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Istanbul including airline levy
- Return airport to hotel transfers
- 2 Nights' accommodation at the AC Hotel by Marriott Istanbul Macka or similar
- 1 Night accommodation at the Holiday Inn Ankara or similar
- 2 Nights' accommodation at the Cappadocia Eco Lodge or similar
- 1 Night accommodation at the Spa Hotel Colossae Thermal or similar
- 2 Nights' accommodation at the Marina Hotel & Suites Kusadasi or similar
- 1 Night accommodation at the Grand Anzac Hotel or similar
- 1 Night accommodation at the AC Hotel by Marriott Istanbul Macka or similar
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch & 8 dinners
- Tour guide throughout your tour
- Luggage handling
- Day 1 / 2 - Istanbul
- Day 3 - Istanbul - Ankara
- Day 4 - Ankara - Cappadocia
- Day 5 - Cappadocia
- Day 6 - Cappadocia - Pamukkale
- Day 7 - Pamukkale - Kusadasi
- Day 8 - Ephesus & St. Mary's House - Kusadasi
- Day 9 - Pergamum - Troy - Canakkale
- Day 10 - Dardanelles - Gallipoli - Istanbul
- Day 11 - Istanbul
- Tour is valid for selected Friday departures from April - November '18.
Duration: 10 Nights
Travel Dates: 6 Apr - 12 Nov 2018
Offer Ends: 2 Nov 2018
Departs from ohannesburg
Classics of Turkey - Super Saver (10 nights/ 11 days)
Day 1 Fri: Istanbul
Arrival and transfer to hotel.
Day 2 Sat: Istanbul (B)
Optional Full day tour to include: Topkapi Palace excluding harem, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, and the Grand Bazaar. Optional: Dinner with belly dancing entertainment.
Day 3 Sun: Istanbul - Ankara (B, D)
This morning Optional tour of St. Sophia and Bosphorus cruise. Depart for the capital city of Ankara for overnight.
Day 4 Mon: Ankara - Cappadocia (B, D)
Morning departure to view Hittite artefacts at the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. Visit the Mausoleum of Ataturk, father of modern Turkey. Drive to Cappadocia, touring a 13th century caravan inn en route. Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant or join an optional Whirling Dervishes performance. Overnight in Cappadocia.
Day 5 Tue: Cappadocia (B, D)
Early Morning Optional: Hot Air Balloon Tour. Experience the floating through volcanic valleys, fairy chimneys and caves with the sunrise of Cappadocia. After breakfast, optional tour of Goreme, Avanos, Pasabagi, Red Valley, and have a brief regional pottery workshop in a cave. Overnight in Cappadocia.
Day 6 Wed: Cappadocia - Pamukkale (B, D)
Drive to Pamukkale. En route we visit the famous mausoleum of the sufi philosopher Mevlana. Dinner and overnight in Pamukkale.
Day 7 Thu: Pamukkale - Kusadasi (B, D)
Today is the day to pay an early morning visit to the unique Cotton Fortress, the white calcium cascades, and also pay a visit to one of the first modern spa centres of the ancient world, Hierapolis. Then we drive to Kusadasi. Dinner and overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 8 Fri: Ephesus & St. Mary's House - Kusadasi (B, D)
Optional: Full day tour of the famous ruins of Ephesus and St. Mary's Cottage. Dinner and overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 9 Sat: Pergamum - Troy - Canakkale (B, L, D)
Visit the ancient Medical Center Asclepion in Pergamum and continue to a traditional local village for lunch with locals. Then continue to Troy with its famous wooden horse and continue on to Canakkale for overnight.
Day 10 Sun: Dardanelles - Gallipoli - Istanbul (B, D)
In the morning depart for Gallipoli, the site of many battles during WWI. Visit Anzac Cove, Lone Pine Cemetery and Chunuk Bai, and then drive to Istanbul. Enjoy a Farewell Dinner. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 11 Mon: Istanbul - Return (B)
Transfer to Airport.
City Hotels or similar:
Istanbul - AC Hotel by Marriott Macka
Ankara - Holiday Inn Ankara
Cappadocia - Cappadocia Lodge Hotel
Pamukkale - Colassae Hotel
Kusadasi - Marina Hotel
Canakkale - Grand Anzac
Istanbul - AC Hotel by Marriott Macka